Thursday, January 24, 2008

FredHead Farewell

Fellow FredHeads,

What a sad, sad day this is. First of all, I want to thank all of you for your time and efforts to help Fred. We all know that Fred was the best person for the job, but unfortunately, others in America did not see that.

Here in Ohio, we had THE BEST team of supporters. I openly want to thank Darrin Klinger & Brian Stewart for all their leadership in Columbus, Tom Ross for all his help in the 2nd Congressional District, Tim McDonald for being the “other” Ohio4fred person. Also a special thank you to all of you who stepped up to be delegates and those who helped with getting petition signatures. There are many others who have been a constant support to Fred (too many to name) and know your efforts are greatly appreciated and your friendship has meant so much.

Most of all, I want to thank all of you for standing up for the only true Conservative in the race and spread the word about Fred. It has been great working with and communicating with all of you.

I am disappointed that he didn’t stick it out, at least until Feb 5 as I really think he had a shot and there could still be a scandal or “scream” moment which would open it wide open for him.

Many have asked me, what now? Who is your second choice?

Frankly, I don’t have a second choice. I was 110% committed to Fred for all the right reasons. I am an issues voter and I have serious issues with the other candidates (some more than others), and I am actually feeling like I did this time last year, like there is no one that I can truly get excited about. At this point, I really can’t say what I will do. I am hoping that he is picked as a VP candidate if nothing else as he would be the conservative voice in the White House—and you know we NEED that.

Please keep me in mind and keep me informed what you are up to. For those of you in Ohio’s 8th State Senate district, I am running (unopposed) for State Central Committee so I hope you will vote for me…even though we can’t also vote for FredL

I hope that this is just the beginning of our relationship and that we will all have the opportunity to work together in the future.

Thank you all again for your “Fredship” and friendship.

GO FRED!

Christa

No comments: