Saturday, May 26, 2007

When will Fred announce?

Rumors have Fred Thompson making his announcement sometime around July 4 week. I, for one, can't wait and I hear the same from my other conservative friends. Before I heard that he was considering a run, I was very discouraged about the future of the Republican Party. There was no one I could get fired up about supporting.

Guiliani= way too socially liberal (though I do think he would be tough on terror, I could probably support him for Sec. of Defense).
McCain= washed up and capitulates too much to the Dems.
Romney= I have a hard time trusting a recent pro-life convert (though I would hope it is true) and a Republican who can get elected in Massachusetts of all places.
Newt= I love Newt, but he has too much baggage.
Huckabee, Brownback & Hunter- good guys but none have a shot.

Who are the others now??? Couldn't name the others if I tried, which speaks for itself.

Would I vote for another nominated candidate? Probably, especially considering the alternative, but as for me, I wouldn't sacrifice the time and energy that I did to get Bush elected over Kerry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he doesn't wait too long!

Anonymous said...

I'm also anxiously awaiting Fred Thompson's entry into the race. The only good Republicans in the race can't possibly win, and I wouldn't want any of the others, especially the liberal Rudy Giuliani. Fred Thompson is our best hope. He's hardly been a bureaucrat his whole life yet he's got more experience at the federal level than all of the top Democrats, helped take down a corrupt Republican President and corrupt Democratic Governor, and most importantly he's a conservative who can win.

usefullidiot said...

A Thompson-Romney ticket could be a choice I could get next to.